‘Night At The Museum’ monkey visits Palm Beach fundraiser
By Staci Sturrock – Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
January 31, 2015
“Who wants the monkey?”
That’s the question of the day in the packed lobby of Palm Beach’sChesterfield Hotel, and the answer is almost always the same: “Me!”
FIVE FACTS ABOUT CRYSTAL THE MONKEY
1. Crystal is 20 years old. (In captivity, capuchins can live to 45.)
2. She measures a little under 2 feet tall and weighs just over 6 pounds.
3. Her favorite foods are grapes, yogurt, berry-flavored applesauce, pistachios, sunflower seeds and Nutella.
4. She’s free to roam throughout the home of her human family but must follow three rules: Don’t steal, don’t destroy and don’t get on the tables and kitchen counters unless invited.
5. Crystal and her live-in capuchin friend, Squirt, have a few options of where to sleep each night. They can choose from a dog bed on the floor or a tiny hammock suspended from the top of their trainer’s bed. But their favorite spot is next to their human mom and dad — the monkeys love to cuddle!
Source: “Animal Stars: Behind the Scenes With Your Favorite Animal Actors” by Robin Ganzert, Allen Anderson, Linda Anderson